Honey Ginger Lemon Leha / Lehya
This is beneficial for both sore throats and cough. Ginger reduces inflammation caused in the throat when it is sore and the honey helps in soothing it, also taming the rough coughs.
4 inches ginger piece
3 tbsp lemon juice
3/4 cup jaggery or sugar
2 tbsp red sugar candy / Kallu sakkare (optional)
3 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp turmeric powder/ Haldi
1 cup of water
- Wash ginger and remove the skin, chop roughly. Grind it into a paste adding little water if needed.
- Heat one thick bottomed pan, put water, ginger paste, and cook for 5 minutes
- Add jaggery, turmeric powder and let it boil
- Once the jaggery is melted and turns a little thick add honey and lemon juice and cook till it becomes thick.
- Turn off the flame and let it cool.
- Keep the consistency slightly flowing or a little liquidy than the jam, as it thickens when it becomes cool.
- Store in an airtight container.