1 cup thin poha/ beaten rice/ avalakki
1 cup thick sour curds
1.5 cups idli Rava
1 tsp cooking soda
Salt as per taste
Water as required
- Grind poha and make fine powder, put in a vessel.
- Add curds, one cup of water to it and mix well. Add Rava and half to one cup of water and give a nice mix.
- Add salt and cooking soda, mix nicely and cover with a lid.
- Let it settle for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes check the batter consistency.
- Add water if needed to get the idli batter consistency.
- Heat the steamer, grease the idli moulds.
- Pour the batter in each mould and steam idlis for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve hot idlis with chutney or sambar or chutney pudi and oil.