1 cup peanuts
1/4 cup besan/ gram flour
1 tbsp rice flour
1/4 tsp turmeric/ Haldi powder
1/2 tsp red chili powder
Salt to taste
2-3 tbsp water
1 tsp oil
1/2 tsp hing/ asafoetida powder
1/2 tsp cumin seeds/ jeera
Oil for deep frying
- In a large bowl take besan, salt, thing, jeera, turmeric, red chilli powder, one tsp oil.
- Mix well making sure that all the spices are combined well.
- Add peanuts and mix well. Sprinkle water and mix well.
- Mix till the peanuts are well coated with besan
- Add rice flour and give a mix, this helps to separate the peanuts.
- Heat oil and deep fry the nuts on a medium flame stirring occasionally
- Fry till the foams in oil disappears completely and peanuts turn crisp and golden
- Drain off the fried peanuts onto a kitchen paper,
- Store in an airtight container once they comes to room temperature.