Matar Paneer With Chapathi
1 cup fresh boiled green peas
100 gms paneer cut into cubes
5 tsp oil
1 finely chopped onions
1 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric/ haldi powder
1 tsp kitchen king masala or garam masala powder
2 tsp kasuri methi/ dry fenugreek powder
Salt to taste
Chopped coriander leaves
1/4 cup milk
For the masala paste
1 big onion roughly chopped
1/2 inch ginger
4 garlic cloves
8 cashew nuts
1 red chilli
2 chopped tomatoes
Boil onion, tomatoes, red chilli and cashew nuts in 1/4 cup water for 10 minutes
Let it cool. Blend it with ginger and garlic. Make a smooth paste, and keep aside.
- Heat oil, fry chopped onions till transparent. Add the ground masala paste and saute for 5-10 minutes
- Put red chilli powder,garam masala and turmeric powder, saute for 2 minutes
- Now add the boiled green peas and paneer cubes, salt to taste and little water. Let it boil for 5 minutes
- Add in the milk, Kasuri methi and give a quick boil.
- Turn off the flame, garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with poori or chapati.
- If you want to make it richer you can add 1/4 cup fresh cream.