Mathri is a typical Gujarati snack .Tastes heavenly with hot filter coffe or a cup of tea...
Got this recipe from the cookery show RASOI SHOW ..E TV GUJARATI..
1 cup maida
3 tsp oil+oil for deep frying
salt to taste
For masala: mix in a bowl
3 tsp coriander powder,2 tsp cumin powder,2 tsp red chilli powder and 1 tsp chat masala
In a bowl make a paste of 3 tblsp ghee and 2 tsp rice flour and keep aside
- In a mixing bowl take maida,salt ,oil and add water to make a hard dough and keep for 1/2 an hour
- Devide the dough into equal portions and make balls
- Roll each ball into thin rotis
- Apply ghee mixture over the roti and sprinkle the masala
- Keep another roti over that roti and repeat the same procedure with other rotis
- Do like this with 5-6 rotis
- Roll it and cut into 1 inch pieces
- Roll each piece into small pooris and deep fry into crisp mathris