RANJAKA OR KEMPU CHUTNEY IS A TYPICAL NORTH KARNATAKA SPECIAL CHUTNEY ,WHICH IS USED AS A SIDE DISH FOR JOLADA ROTII!!
15 nos fresh red chillies
20 garlic cloves peeled and chopped
2 tsp cumin seeds/ jeera
2 tsp tamarind pulp
Salt to taste
little jaggery (optional)
2 tsp oil
- Wash , wipe the chillies and cut into pieces
- In a pan put oil ,add chillies,jeera,garlic and roast for 10 mins on a medium flame
- when it comes to room temperature grind with salt,jaggery,tamarind without water
- Store in an airtight jar
- Enjoy with dosa,roti or rice!!
- This chutney can be stored for 1 week at room temperature and for 1 month in refrigerator !!
- If you want to reduce the spiciness ,remove the seeds from chillies before roasting!!