4 baby brinjals
6 tsp oil
1 tsp mustard
1 sprig of curry leaf
Salt to taste
FOR THE MASALA:
1/2 cup grated fresh coconut
2 tsp urad dal,1/4 tsp coriander seeds,5 methi seeds,4 red dry chillies,roasted in 1/2 tsp oil
till light brown
Grind the above ingredients into a semi coarse masala paste and keep aside
- Wash the brinjals ,cut the stem and make four slits on it
- Add salt to the masala and stuff the brinjals with the masala ,keep the remaining masala
- In cooker put oil,add mustard,when it starts crackling add curry leaves,stuffed brinjals,remaining masala,1/2 cup water and salt if needed
- Mix well and cook for one whistle
- You can cook this in kadai also,but i always prefer cooking in cooker to save time and gas !!
- You can also use onion !!