Yellu / Sesame seeds Tambuli
Tambuli is a cold yogurt based curry made by grinding a herb, spice or vegetable with coconut and handful of spices. Tambli tastes awesome with steamed rice in hot summer days.
2 tsp white sesame seeds / bili yellu / til
1 small green chilli
1/2 tsp oil
1/2 cup fresh coconut gratings
1 cup fresh curd or buttermilk
Salt to taste
FOR THE TEMPERING:
2 tsp coconut oil or any refined oil
1 tsp mustard
1 red chilli cut into bits
1 sprig of curry leaves
Pinch of hing / asafoetida
- In a small pan roast sesame seeds and green chilli in 1/2 tsp oil on a medium flame till sesame seeds crackles or turns light brown.
- Turn off the flame and grind it with coconut gratings and salt into a smooth paste.
- Transfer the ground paste in a bowl, add the curd,and little water to adjust the consistency
- Temper with the ingredients mentioned
- Serve chilled with hot rice.