1 cup sweet corn kernels
3 tbsp cornflour
1 tbs rice flour
1/2 tsp pepper powder
Salt to taste
Water for boiling corn
Oil for deep frying
2 tsp oil
6 finely chopped garlic cloves
1 small onion finely chopped
1 tsp red chilli powder
2 tbsp finely chopped capsicum
1 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- Add corn kernels to the boiling water with a little salt. Boil them for 2 minutes.
- Drain them completely and put them in a wide bowl.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper powder, cornflour, rice flour, Toss them to coat with the flour.
- Toss well so that all the corn kernels are coated well. Sprinkle a few drops of water only if required to coat them
- Heat oil and deep fry them until they turn crisp and golden brown in color
- Remove the fried corn to a colander
- Heat oil in a pan roast garlic till light brown, add chopped onions and saute for a minute on a high flame
- Add chopped capsicum, red chilli powder and toss again
- Finally, add fried corn, salt to taste, if needed. Give a nice mix, garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve immediately.