Masala Dosa with red garlic chutney
4 cups Dosa rice
1 cup Urad Dal
1 tsp Methi Seeds
1/2 cup Poha (flattened rice)
3 tsp Chana Dal
For garlic chutney:
1/2 cup dry coconut
2 tsp red chilli powder
Salt to taste
4 garlic cloves
Grind these into fine paste
NOTE: You can make this chutney dry and use it with batata vada
- Soak dosa rice,urad dal,meethi seeds and chana dal togther in water for 5-6 hrs.
- Grind this with washed poha to a fine batter.
- Ferment this for 6-7 hrs.
- Before spreading every dosa, sprinkle water over the heated pan and wipe with tissue to get a good result.
- NOTE: Ferment the batter over-night for making the dosa for breakfast.
- For the potato sabzi: Heat 3 tsp oil in a pan , add 1 tsp musturd seeds. When it splutters add curry leaves and 1 tsp urad dal. Then add 3 chopped green chillies and haldi. Now add 2 chopped onions and salt to taste. Cover for 2 mins. Finish the dish by adding 2 boile potatoes (diced)
- Heat tava ,sprinkle little water and spread 1 full ladle of the dosa batter on it and make thin dosa
- When it is cooked spread ghee or oil,apply 2 tsp garlic chutney, put 3 tblsp potato bhaji and fold it
- Serve with coconut chutney and butter