Hunise Hannina Chitranna / Tamarind rice is just like lemon rice.Used tamarind pulp instead of lime juice!!Tamarind is called HUNISE HANNU in Kannada!! This is very ideal for lunch boxes.
2 cups cooked rice
2-3 tsp tamarind pulp
4 tsp oil
1 tsp mustard
4 green chillies slit
3 tsp peanuts
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
chopped coriander leaves
- In a pa heat oil and put mustard
- When it starts crackling,add curry leaves and peanuts and fry till brown
- Add turmeric powder and green chillies and fry
- Put the tamarind paste and let it boil for 2 minutes
- Now mix the cooked rice,salt chopped coriander leaves and stir well
Note: cook the rice in cooker with 1:2 water for 3 whistles.