This is a traditional Konkani dish prepared with idli rava,grated cucumber and jaggery! Taushe is also called Saute kaayi in Kannada and Cucumber in English. You can prepare this for breakfast.Hot idlis tastes heavenly with fresh ghee or even with butter !!
1 cup idli rava
3 cups grated fresh coconut
2 cups grated cucumber
Salt to taste(a pinch)
Jaggery to taste
2 turmeric leaves (optional)
- Dry roast idli rava for 5 minutes or you can also micro it for 2 mins.
- Wash it and drain all the water and keep
- Squeeze all the water from grated cucumber
- Grind grated coconut with salt and jaggery (use cucumber water to grind)
- Dont add extra water
- Mix rava,ground coconut ,grated cucumber
- Heat idli vessel(steamer) with water
- grease the idli moulds and keep small pieces of turmeric leaf and then put the batter and steam it for 15- 20 minutes
- Serve the idlis hot with ghee or butter
Note: The aroma of turmeric leaves gives an added taste to the idlis.If you dont like it then steam it without it.