Garlic Vadi is also called BELLULLI SANDIGE in Kannada and LOSHNE VODI in Konkani!! This is a typical Konkani style vadi!!Prepared in summer and stored for the whole year!!
2 pav dosa rice (approx. 1/2 kg)
1/4 pav sabudana (sabbakki)
4 big sized garlic pods
8-10 tsp salt
25 red chillies( or accg. to yor taste)
- soak rice and sabudana separately in the evening
- Next day evening wash it and grind together with red chillies to a fine paste(consistency should be like dosa batter)
- Transfer it in a big heavy bottomed vessel or in cooker and add salt and 5 ltrs of boiling water
- Keep on stirring for about 15-20 minutes till it becomes thick
- Peel the garlic and crush it in mixer or chop it finely and add to the batter and keep closed
- Next day morning put vadis on a plastic sheet and sundry it for minimum 3-4 days
- Store in a airtight container.