The secret of making white coloured chips lies in the variety of potato we use.There are 2 varieties of potato,one is regular cream coloured and other one is red colour covered with mud..The second one is mostly used for chips...
Oil for frying
For the masala powder:
In a bowl mix red chilli pdr,hing pdr,salt according to your taste and keep aside
- Wash and peel the potatoes,and slice them using chips slicer
- Put the sliced wafers in a bowl with water
- Remove the wafers from water and put on a cloth or paper
- Heat oil and fry the wafers on a medium flame till the bubbles in oil stops and the chips become crisp
- Put them in a bowl and sprinkle the masala pdr according to your taste and after it comes to room temperature store in an airtight container!!