Special thanks to Subbu's Kitchen for the dosa recipe !!
1 cup rava/ semolina
1/2 cup maida/ all purpose flour
1 cup rice flour
Salt to taste
1 tsp jeera/ cumin seeds
2 green chillies chopped
1 tsp peppercorns
chopped curry leaves few
- Mix rawa, Maida, rice flour in a bowl along with salt, cumin seeds, chopped green chillies and peppercorns and chopped curry leaves
- Add water and make this to a thin batter. The batter should be like a thin butter milk. Keep adding water till the batter becomes absolutely thin in consistency. If we keep the batter aside, we can notice the top layer is so watery and the bottom layer is so thick. So mix the batter well each time before you pour the batter in tawa
- Heat a thawa and sprinkle little water and it the water sizzles, then the tawa is in perfect hot. Now, Pour a ladle of batter in the tawa. You can see the dosa will have lots of small holes as the batter is so thin. The rawa dosa will not be in a perfect circle shape. So don't worry about shape.
- Add a teaspoon of ghee / oil around the dosa and keep the flame in medium and allow the dosa to cook till it is crispy and the bottom part becomes nicely golden brown. Since the rawa dosa is thin, we don't need to flip it to cook the other side
- Once the dosa is cooked completely, remove it slowly using the spatula
- The Crispy and yummy rawa dosa is ready to serve with any type of chutney!!