Banana stem is calle GABBO in Konkani..we prepare so many dishes with it like use it in koddel,bendi,make upkari,raita etc..It is very good for health also, especially for those who sre suffering from kidney stone problems..This dosa tastes very yummy...please try this...
1/2 cup dosa rice/raw rice
1/4 cup toor dal
1/2 cup grated coconut
4-5 red chillies
Salt to taste
Oil for cooking dosa
1 cup finely chopped banana stem/ gabbo/baale dindu
- Cut the banana stem into thin slices,wind the fibre in between the slices around your forefingers and discard them
- Finely chop the slices and put in the water immediately and keep aside
- Grind rice,dal,coconut,red chillies,salt into a semi coarse batter adding little water
- Drain all the water from the chopped banana stem and add it to the batter and mix well,check the salt
- Heat tava and make dosas,spread it with your fingers and give the shape of dosa
- Roast on both the sides adding oil
- Serve hot with rice and dal!!!