1 cup dosa rice
1/2 cup masoor dal
1/2 cup grated coconut
7-8 red chillies
Salt to taste
1/2 cup cabbage finely chopped
2 onions finely chopped
Oil for deep frying
- Soak rice and dal in water for 2 hrs
- In the mixer forst grind coconut and red chillies ,once it is finely ground add soaked rice, dal mixture
- Grind it into a little coarse batter adding very little water
- Transfer the batter in a bowl,add chopped cabbage,onions ,mix well
- Heat oil,devide the batter in portions and make balls,press the balls slightly and deep fry on a medium flame into crisp vadas
- Serve hot with rice and dal!!
Note:Usually we make these vadas with rice and toor dal,but this time I tried adding masoor dal and it tasted awesome !!