Tried this Kaarate sagle/ bittergourd sabji ,frying it in MW with minimum oil..usually we deep fry bittergourd and use generous amount of oil to fry onion also...This time I fried onion also in MW with only 2 tsp oil..So sharing the recipe with all of you..pls try this...
1 bateittergourd/ kaarate/ karela
2 finely chopped onions
Salt to taste
3 tsp oil
FOR THE MASALA:
1/2 cup coconut gratings
in 1/2 tsp oil roast 1 tsp coriander seeds,4 methi seeds and 3-4 red chillies and grind with coconut and tamarind into a semi coarse masala paste and keep aside
- Wash bittergourd ,scrape the outer skin and cut into 4 pieces lengthwise
- Cut the lengthy pieces into thin slices,apply 2 tsp salt and keep for 30 mins
- After 30 mins aqueeze all the water, from karela ,add 1 tsp oil ,mix and put on a MW safe plate and micro it for 10 - 15 mins,check in between and mix it
- Transfer it in a boel,put chopped onions in the plate with 2 tsp oil and micro it for 10 mins
- Transfer the fried onions in a pan ,add the masala and fry for 5 mins
- Now add the fried karela ,1/4 cup water and cook for 5 mins and your karate sagle is ready to serve!!!