THANKS TO Asharadhakrishna shenoy for the recipe!!!
1/2 cup urad dal
1 cupraw rice/ dosa rice
3/4 cup layee/ popped rice
1 tsp methi seeds
Salt to taste
Oil for roasting
- Soak urad dal and methi together and rice separately for 2-3 hrs
- Grind these separately. Add washed layee while grinding the rice
- Now add both the batters and mix well
- Add salt and ferment overnight
- Prepare thick or thin dosas covered with lid and smeared with oil
- Roast one side only (I roasted both the sides)
- Serve hot with coconut chutney!!!
This is layee/ popped rice