Raw Banana Sukkha
1 Raw banana / baale kayi
2 finely chopped onion
1/2 tsp turmeric pdr
5 tsp oil
Salt to taste
Chopped coriander leaves
FOR THE MASALA:
In 1 tsp oil roast 2 tsp coriander seeds,1 tsp cumin seeds,5 methi/ fenugreek seeds,5-6 pepper corns,4-5 red chillies.Fry till light brown,transfer it on a plate.In same pan put 2 tsp oil,roast 1 roughly chopped onions,4 garlic cloves and 3/4 cup grated coconut.Fry till light brown.
First grind the roasted spices,once it becomes fine powder add the roasted onion,garlic,coconut mixture and grind with tamarind into a lttle coarse paste,adding little water
- Cut the ends of banana and remove the skin,cut into medium size chunks and keep in water
- In a pan heat oil,add curry leaves,chopped onions and saute till they turn light brown
- Add banana chunks,1/2 cup water and salt to taste and cook till it becomes tender
- Add turmeric pdr,ground masala and let it boil.Turn off the flame and garnish with chopped coriander leaves
- Serve hot with rice,roti or dosa.