Mango dry pickle with garlic tadka
2 medium-sized raw mangoes
25 dry red chillies
3 tsp mustard
2 tsp Methi/fenugreek seeds
1 tsp Hing / Asafoetida powder
4 tbsp salt
For the tadka
2 tbsp oil
2 bulbs garlic
Peel garlic cloves. Heat oil and fry garlic cloves till it turns dark brown in colour.
Keep it aside, let it cool down.
- Wash and wipe mangoes. Cut it into small pieces.
- Add salt, mix well and keep in a glass container for one day
- Roast red chillies, Hing, Methi and Mustard separately on a low flame, until it becomes dark brown
- Once it comes to room temperature blend it into a fine powder
- Add the masala powder to the brined mango pieces and mix well
- Once the Tadka is completely cooled down add it to the prepared pickle and well.
- Your pickle will be ready to eat after 2-3 days.