Set dosa with coconut chutney
3 cups dosa rice
3/4 cup poha/ avalakki / beaten ricee
1/4 cup urad dal
1.5 tblsp sabudana/ sago pearls
1 tsp methi seeds/ fenugreek seeds
3/4 cup curds
1/2 tsp cooking soda
Salt to taste
Oil for cooking dosa
- Wash rice and urad daal well.
- In a bowl ,urad daal,methi dana,sabu dana and poha and soak in enough water for approx 5-6 hours.
- Drain water from the soaked daal rice mixture and then grind the soaked ingredients with curds
- Add salt and mix well.
- Cover and let it ferment or for approx 8 hours.
- Add cooking soda before making dosa and mix well
- Heat a heavy or flat nonstick griddle/tawa.
- Wipe it with a cloth dipped in and few drops of oil.
- Put a laddle full of batter and spread little to make thick dosa
- Cover with a and cook the dosa. If you ant you can flip the dosa and cook both the sides
- Serve with coconut chutney or sambar
- You can also prepare paniyaram or onion utthappa with this batter