Seared Ginger Raita
1 cup fresh curd/ Yogurt
1 tblsp finely chopped ginger
Salt to taste
2 tsp oil
2 finely chopped green chillies
2 tblsp finely julienned fresh ginger
1/2 tsp mustard
1 tblsp chopped coriander leaves
- Put the curd in a bowl and whisk it with salt, add chopped ginger and mix well
- Heat oil in a skillet,add mustard, once it starts to pop add curry leaves,green chillies
- Fry for 2 - 3 mins ,add julienned ginger . Raise the heat to high and cook, stirring constantly for about 2 mins or until the ginger starts turning brown and caramelizing.
- Turn off the flame and pour the tempering into te yogurt
- Stir to combine well and set aside to rest for 20 mins to develop the flavors.
- Garnish with the chopped coriander leaves before serving.