Instant Moong Dal Halva
Moong dal halva is a very delicious dessert , prepared with soaked and ground moong dal. But this is the instant version of making moong dal halva without soaking and can be prepared quickly.
1/2 cup moong dal
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup ghee
250 ml full cream milk
10 cashew nuts
2 tblsp raisins
2 tsp cardamom pdr
- Heat a pan and roast moong dal on a medium flame until it turns golden brown
- Once it comes to room temperature grind it coarsely (fine rava consistency)
- Put 4 tblsp ghee in the pan and add powdered moong dal
- Roast it on a medium flame untill golden brown and you get nice aroma . It takes about 5 to 10 mims
- Simmer the gas flame and slowly add the milk to the roasted dal , and mix continuously
- Add one cup water and stir until it becomes dense
- Once it becomes thick mass add the sugar and mix well
- Add the remaining ghee, cardamom pdr and nuts roasted in ghee
- Serve hot and enjoy.
Note: I had some dharwad peda lying in the fridge. So I used it in this halva in place of sugar and the taste was awesome.