4 cups sona masoori rice
1 fistful urad dal
1 tsp methi / fenugreek seeds
1 3/4 poha / beaten rice / avalakki
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp cooking soda
1 cup curds
Oil for cooikng dosa
- Soak rice , urad dal, methi, in enough water for 5-6 hrs
- Wash the soaked rice, dal,poha and grind into a smooth paste.
- Keep covered in a warm place and let it ferment for 8-10 hrs or overnight
- Next day before making dosa add the curd, salt, cooking soda to the batter.
- Add water if needed to adjust the consistency.
- Heat tava and make thick dosa, adding a tsp of oil , on a medium flame.
- Cook dosa with a lid covered, only one side.
- Once it is cooked serve hot with chutney or sambar.