6 tsp oil + 2 tsp
2 finely chopped onions +1 onion
2 sprigs of curry leaves
Salt to taste
Chopped coriander leaves
FOR THE MASALA PASTE
1 cup fresh coconut gratings
2 tsp coriander seeds / daniya
1 tsp cumin seeds / jeera + 1/2 tsp
4-5 fenugreek seeds / methi
1/2 tsp turmeric pdr / haldi
4-5 byadgi / Kashmiri red chillies
Chickpea size tamarind
4 garlic cloves
1 tsp oil
In oil roast daniya, jeera, methi and red chillies till you get nice aroma.
First grind 2 tbsp coconut withturmeric pdr, tamarind,roasted daniya, jeera, methi and red chillies, make a smooth paste , adding little water
Keep the paste aside
In the same mixer jar put the remaining coconut gratings, garlic cloves and 1/2 tsp jeera and and just pulse it. Make a coarse paste without water .
- Wash mushrooms and cut into four.
- Heat oil saute chopped onions till translucent, add the masala number 1 and fry well for 5 mins
- Now put the mushrooms, salt to taste and mix well
- Add the coarsely ground masala ,1/2 cup water and cook till the mushrooms are cooked
- Check for salt, garnish with coriander leaves
- Heat 2 tsp oil, put curry leaves and chopped one onion and fry till they turn brown
- Add this tempering to the prepared sukkha and mix.
- Serve hot with rice, roti or dosa.