Srilankan Prawn Curry
250 gms prawns
6 tsp oill
1 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 cup coconut milk
Salt to taste
Chopped corinader leaves
1 tsp salt
1 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- Clean and devein prawns and marinate with the mentioned ingredients and keep aside for 0ne hour.
- Finely chop the onions and roast half of the onions in 2 tsp oil until it turns brown
- Boil the tomatoes and let it cool
- Peel the tomatoes and grind with roasted onions and make a smooth paste
- Heat the remaining oil, saute remaining chopped onions in it, till they turn transparent
- Add the ground paste and fry till the oil leaves the sides .
- Add red chilli powder, garam masala powder and coriander powder, fry for 5 mins
- Put the marinated prawns and cook with a lid covered
- Add the coconut milk and let it boil for 5 mins, garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with rice.