Moong Sprouts Paratha
1 cup moong sprouts
1 finely chopped onion
Few curry leaves
2-3 green chillies
4 chopped garlic cloves
1/2 tsp turmeric/ haldi pdr
1 tsp jeera / cumin pdr
1 tsp daniya/ coriander pdr
1/2 tsp garam masala pdr
1/2 tsp chaat masala (optional)
2 tsp oil
3 tblsp chopped coriander leaves
FOR THE OUTER COVER:
1 cup atta/ wheat flour
2 tsp oil
Salt to taste
Water as required to knead the dough
Combine all the ingredients and knead a soft dough using water as required. Keep it covered for 10 mins.
- Cook the sprouts in cooker without water, for one whistle
- Heat oil in a pan ,put chopped garlic,green chillies, curry leaves and fry for two mins
- Add chopped onions and saute till they turn transparent, add all the spice powders one by one and give a good mix.
- Add cooked moong sprouts (discard the water if any )
- Add salt to taste and toss well
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and your stuffing is ready.
- To make paratha devide the dough and stuffing into portions .
- Make balls of the dough
- Dust it with the flour and roll into a small thick roti
- Place one portion of the stuffing in the center of the roti
- Bring together all sides of roti in thecenter to cover the filling and seal it tightly.
- Roll it again into paratha with the help of little flour
- Heat tava and cook paratha on adding little ghee or oil, until both the sides are golden brown
- Repeat with the remaining dough and filling
- Serve hot with curds and pickle.
NOTE: If you want you can slightly mash the cooked moong sprouts with the laddle.