Mushti dosa / Set dosa
2.5 cups dosa rice
3/4 cup urad dal
1/4 cup poha/ beaten rice
1 tsp methi/ fenugreek seeds
Salt to taste
Pinch of cooking soda or ENO fruit salt
Oil for cooking dosa
- Soak rice,dal,methi in water for 5-6 hrs
- Wash well.Wash poha and grind with soaked rice and dal mixture
- Make a smooth batter and let it ferment for 8 hrs
- Next day add salt to taste ,cooking soda and mix well
- Heat tava ,grease with little oil
- Put a laddle full of batter and spread lightly to make a thick dosa, add one teaspoon of oil.
- Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame
- Once the dosa is cooked serve hot with chutney.
- No need to flip the dosa.
- You can also make onion utthappam or paniyaram using the same batter.