Obbattu / Puranpoli / Holige
FOR THE OUTER COVER:
1 cup maida / all purpose flour + 2 tblsp for dusting
3 tblsp chiroti rava (optional )1/4 tsp turmeric powder
2 tblsp oil
Water as needed to knead the dough
FOR THE STUFFING:
1 cup chana dal / Bengal gram
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup jaggery1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- Take maida and chiroti rava in a bowl, add turmeric pdr, mix well .
- Add water in small amount and make a soft dogh (make a soft elastic dough)
- Add oil to the dough and knead again and rest it for minimum 2 hrs in a closed container
- Wash chana dal and cook with 2.5 cups water ,in cooker for 3 -4 whistles
- Once it is cooked ,drain all the water(use this water to make rasam)
- Grind it into a smooth paste and transfer into a pan
- Add sugar and powdered jaggery to the ground paste and cook it till it becomes thick
- Add cardamom powder to it and make balls,keep aside
- Devide the outer cover into portions and make small balls (about 1/3 of the stuffing)
- Now roll the outer cover ball into a small poori,keep the pooran ball in the center of it and seal the stuffing with the rolled poori neatly
- Dust it with maida and roll it slowly again into a poli and roast it on tava on a medium flame
- Roast both the sides,transfer it on a paper towels
- Once it comes to room temperature store in an airtight container
- Serve with fresh ghee.
- These lasts only for 3-4 days.If you want to store it more than that please store inthe refrigerator and micro it before serving.
- You can use only sugar or only jaggery.
- If the stuffing is sticky then keep it in the fridge for sometime and use it.