Onion Garlic Rasam
1/4 cup toor dal
2 slit green chillies
2 finely chopped tomatoes
1 small onion finely chopped
5 garlic cloves slightly crushed
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
Small chickpea size tamarind
Salt to taste
Pinch of sugar (optional)
2 tsp or as per taste rasam powder
Chopped coriander leaves
For the tempering:
3 tsp ghee
1 tsp mustard
2 sprigs of curry leaves
Pinch of hing / asafoetida powder
- Wash toor dal and cook it in cooker with green chillies, chopped tomatoes, onion,garlic cloves,turmeric powder,tamarind and 2 3 cups of water.
- Cook it for 3-4 whistles, once the steam is released , open the lid and mash the cooked dal with the laddle or masher
- Transfer the cooked dal mixture in a vessel, add salt to taste,sugar, rasam powder and let it boil for 10 mins
- Turn off the flame, add chopped coriander leaves and temper with the ingredients mentioned.
- Serve hot with hot rice and papad.