Cake Ice-cream with Praline
INGREDIENTS FOR PRALINE:
4tblsp sugar10- 12 cashew nuts or almonds (you can also use walnuts or pecans)
2 tblsp unsalted butter
- Roughly chop or crush the nuts. Grease one plate and keep ready or use butter paper or alluminium foil
- Take butter in a pan ,keep on a low flame.
- Add sugar when butter begins to melt.
- Mix sugar with butter and cook on a low flame
- Stir at intervals.No need to stir continuously.
- The mixture will begin to change its colour.
- When it becomes golden brown add the crushed nuts and turn off the flame
- Mix well and pour it on the greased plate or butter paper
- Let it harden and cool
- Once it is completely cool, break it into pieces and crush it into a coarse mixture
- Store it in an airtight container and use it as toppings on ice-creams, cakes or pastries and enjoy!!!
To make cake ice-cream :
- Use the ice-cream that comes in a rectangular carton,Open the carton and cut into slice, lengthwise.
- Cut the cake into same slice,arrange it in a glass or alluminium container.
- Place the ice-cream slice on it .
- Crush the praline and spread it over the ice-cream and cover it with parchment paper or any plate.
- Freeze it till it becomes firm .
- Cut into slices and serve chilled .