Jackfruit Buns / Jackfruit flavoured Mangalore Buns
Jackfruit Buns is a modified version of the very popular Mangalore Banana Buns. Buns is a recipe from coastal Karnataka. Whenever we have over riped bananas we prepare buns for breakfast or for evening snack. This is a very simple recipe. And this time I tried it adding jackfruit pulp in place of mashed bananas.
2 cups maida / all purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup curds
10-12 jackfruit segments chopped and blended into a smooth puree
Baking soda less than 1/4 tsp
Baking powder less than 1/2 tsp
1 tsp jeera/ cumin seeds
2 tsp oil or ghee
Oil for frying
- Take curd, jackfruit pulp.sugar,salt,cooking soda, baking powder and cumin seeds in a mixing bowl and mix well
- After sugar is dissolved add maida and make a soft dough
- Keep the diugh covered for 8-10 hours
- Devide the dough into equal portions n roll into a thick puri
- Deep fry into golden brown buns
- Tastes nice with hot coffee or tea.
- If you are using banana then use two mashed riped bananas in place of jackfruit pulp.