Masala Paddu with chutney
2 cups dosa rice
3/4 cup urad dal
1/4 cup chana dal
1/4 cup Moong dal
1/4 cup Toor dal
2 tblsp sabudana
1 tsp methi / fenugreek seeds
1/4 cup thick poha/ avalakki / beaten rice
3 green chillies finely chopped
2 sprigs of curry leaves finely chopped
2 tblsp chopped coriander leaves
2 finely chopped onions
Salt to taste
Oil for cooking paddu
- Wash all the ingredients (except oil and salt) in water 2-3 times.
- Soak in water for 6 hrs
- Grind into a smooth bateer and keep covered for 8 hrs , for fermentation.
- Next day before msking paddu add salt to the batter and mix well
- Add chopped onions,coriander leaves,curry leaves and green chillies and mix.
- Heat paniyaram pan,grease with oil and put laddle full batter in each one .
- Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame
- Cook both the sides adding one tsp oil. Once it is cooked and turned into golden brown and crisp , serve hot with coconut chutney or sambar.
- You can also add finely chopped dil leaves/ sabbasige soppu or grated carrots .