Cafreal is basically a Goan cuisine maade with chicken and called chicken cafreal. The main ingredient is cafreal masala whic includes fresh coriander leaves, whole garam masala, ginger, garlic,lemon juice etc. Here I have substituted chicken with mushrooms.
15 button mushrooms
5 tsp oil
Salt to tatse
For the masala:
1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
1/2 inch ginger
6 garlic cloves
2-3 green chillies
1 tsp cumin seeds/ jeera
1/2 inch cinnamon/ dalchini
4-5 pepper corns
1 tsp lemon juice
Make a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Wash mushrooms and cut into halves.Marinate with salt and ground masala paste.
- Refrigerate it for 30 mins. After 30 mins heat oil and put the marinated mushrooms.
- Cook till mushrooms are done or till it becomes dry
- Originally this is a dry dish but you can prepare according to your taste.
- Serve hot with ghee rice or hot steamed rice and enjoy !!!