Mushroom Tawa Masala with Jeera Rice
10 fresh button mushrooms
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
2 tsp butter
1/2 capsicum cut into chunks
5 tsp oil
1 tsp jeera/ cumin seeds
2 finely chopped onions
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 finely chopped green chilli
1 big tomato pureed
1 tsp cumin/ jeera powder
1/2 tsp dhaniya/ coriander powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 cup curd
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp kasuri methi
Salt to taste
Chopped coriander leaves
- Wash the mushrooms and cut into two, marinate with little salt, turmeric powder and 1/2 tsp red chilli powder, keep aside for 10 mins.
- Heat butter in a pan saute mushrooms on a high flame for 5 mins and transfer on a plate, keep aside.
- Heat oil in the same pan, add jeera,saute for a second.
- Add green chillies,chopped onions and saute it till they turn transparent.
- Now add the pureed tomato and fry till the raw smell disappears.
- Add in the ginger garlic paste and fry for 2 mins
- Add the capsicum chunks and cook for 2 mins.
- Now it is time to add the spice powders one by one.
- Saute the mixture for 2-3 mins, add curd and cook for 5 mins
- Now add in the marinated,cooked mushrooms, salt to taste and kasuri methi, toss well, cook for 5 mins and turn off the flame.
- Add lime juice and chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or noodles.