Raw jackfruit Chips
2 bowls of fresh raw jackfruit segments
2 tblsp salt
Oil for deep frying
- Cut the segments into thin fingers as shown in the pic.
- Put salt in a small bowl and add 1/2 cup water and mix it
- Heat oil in a kadai and put the cut jackfruit fingers and fry on a medium flame , stirring constantly
- Once it is 75% done ,put 1 tsp salt water in oil and stir it
- Fry further for 2-3 mins, once it turns golden brown remove it from the flame
- Spread the fried chips on a tissue paper , once it comes to room temperature store in an airtight container.
- This is the traditional method of making banana chips and jackfruit chips.
- If you don't want to add salt water in hot oil, then you can fry it plai and then sprinkle salt after frying and removing from the oil.