Bolanjir Phanna Upkari / Silver fish spicy curry
1/2 kg silver fish
3 onions finely chopped
8 tsp oil
Salt to taste
FOR THE MASALA PASTE:
1/2 tsp coriander seeds
2 tblsp fresh coconut gratings
10 dry red chillies
Chickpea size tamarind
In a teaspoon of oil roast coriander seeds, red chillies and coconut till it turns dark brown. Grind it with tamarind , make a fine paste.
- Wash and clean the fish , apply little salt and keep aside
- Heat oil in a pan and fry onions till light brown, add the masala paste and fry for 5 mins
- Add the cleaned fish, salt and half cup water
- Cook on amedium flame for 10 mins or till the fish is cooked
- Serve hot with hot rice and dal.