Caramel Coffee Cake
1 cup butter
2 cups all purpose flour/ maida
1.5 cups powdered sugar
1 tblsp instant coffee powder
1/2 tsp cooking soda
Pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla essence
# tblsp caramel
TO MAKE CARAMEL:
Put one cup sugar in a pan and cook till sugar melts , once it mekts and turns dark brown, lower the flame and slowly add 3/4 cup of water and boil again for 3-4 mins. Use when it is completely cooled down. Store the remaining caramel in the fridge.
- Separate the egg yolks and beat the egg whites well
- Seive the flour with salt,coffee powder and cooking soda , twice and keep aside.
- Beat the butter with sugar till it becomes smooth, add vanilla essence and mix well
- Add the beaten eggs to the butter, sugar mixture and give a nice stir
- Add the flour to that mixture and just fold in, followed by egg yolks and caramel
- Pour the batter in a greased alluminium tray
- Bake it in a pre heated oven (OTG) at 180 degrees for 35- 40 mins
- After 40 mins check with a knife, if it comes clean then the cake is ready.