1 cup basmati rice
200 gms paneer
1/2 cup carrot cut into small cubes
1/2 cup chopped beans
1/2 cup fresh green peas
3 tblsp oil or ghee
2 cloves/ lavang
1/2 inch cinnamon/ dalchini
1 tsp cumin seeds/ jeera
1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp garam masala powder
2 sliced onions
4 slit green chillies
1/4 chp chopped coriander leaves
5-6 fresh mint leaves
Salt to taste
- Cut paneer into cubes and sprinkle 1/2 tsp salt.Heat oil in a kadai and saute paneer cubes till it turns golden brown in colour
- Remove the paneer in a plate and keep aside
- Wash basmati rice and soak in enough water for 20 mins
- Heat remaining oil in cooker, add whole garam masala and saute for a second
- Add jeera and sliced onions, saute till they turn transparent
- Now add slit green chillies and ginger garlic paste, fry for 2-3 mins.
- Add garam masala powder and veggies, chopped coriander leaves, mint leaves, give a good mix
- Drain water from rice and add into the cooker, fry for 5 mins
- Add roasted paneer cubes
- Add salt and 1.5 cups water, mix well and close the lid of the cooker.
- Cook for two whistles and turn off the flame.
- Once the steam is released open the cooker and gently mix the pulav with a fork
- Serve hot pulav with any raitha of your choice.