Sweet and Sour Chicken
300 gms boneless chicken washed and cut into 2 inch fingers
4 tsp oil + oil for deep frying
1roughly chopped onion
8 finely chopped garlic
1/2 inch giner finely chopped
3 green chillies finely chopped
1 dry red chilli
2 tblsp capsicum cut into juliens
2 tblsp spring onion greens finely chopped
1/2 tsp pepper powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
1/2 tsp soya sauce
Marinate chicken fingers with the above ingredients and refrigerate for 30 mins.
Make a paste of:
3 tblsp all purpose flour / maida
3 tsp corn flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
4 tblsp chilled water
Mix these and make a thick paste.
FOR THE SAUCE:
4 tblsp tomato ketchup
1 tsp soya sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp vinegar
Mix these ingredients in a bowl and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying
- Once the oil is hot, dip each chicken piece in the batter and drop in hot oil
- Fry for 4-5 on a medium heat till they turn golden and crisp
- Fry the rest in batches and put on a tissue paper
- Heat oil in a pan, add chopped garlic,green chillies and ginger and fry on a high flame
- Once the garlic turns light brown ,add onions, red chilli, Capsicum juliens and saute for a minute.
- Add the prepared sauce and mix well, followed by fried chicken
- Check for salt and add if needed. Garnish with chopped spring onion greens and serve hot with fried rice or noodles.