Breadfruit Fritters / Jeevkadgi Phodi
FOR THE MASALA PASTE :
1/2 cup dosa rice
15 dry red chillies
2 tsp salt
Generous amount of hing/ asafoetida
Soak rice in water for 30 mins, wash well ,discard the water
Grind with red chillies,hing and salt, adding little water . Make a smooth paste and keep aside.
FOR THE FRITTERS:
1 fresh breadfruit/ jeevkadgi / jeevgujje /Deevi halasu
1/2 tsp salt
Prepared masala paste as per taste
1/2 cup rice flour
1/4 cup chiroti rava (optional)
Oil for deep frying
- Remove the skin of the breadfruit and cut into 1/4 inch thick slices, as shown in the picture
- Put iimediately in the water to avoide it from turning brown
- Discard the water,apply little salt,mix well
- Add the masala paste as per your taste,mix well and keep aside for 10- 15 mins.
- Roll each slices in the mixture of rice flour and rava
- Heat oil and deep fry on a medium flame,until it turns ccrisp and golden colour
- Serve hot with rice and dal.
- You can also have this with coffee or tea.
- Store the remaining masala paste in the fridge. You can use it to make any other fritters like,gobi,raw banana,raw jackfruit,yam,pumpkin or bittergourd fritters.