Kung Pao Prawns
15 prawns , cleaned and deveined
5 tsp oil
half green bell pepper cut into dices
1 diced onion
6 garlic cloves finely chopped
1/2 inch ginger finely chopped
3 dry red chillies
1 tsp red chilli powder
2 tsp roasted sesame seeds
2 tsp roasted peanuts
2 tblsp finely chopped spring onion greens
FOR THE KUNG PAO SAUCE:
3 tsp soya sauce
1 tsp vinegar
1/2 tsp tomato ketchup
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp corn flour
1 tsp crushed pepper
3 tblsp water
Mix all the above ingredients and keep aside.
MARINATE PRAWNS WITH:
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
Marinate and keep aside for 30 mins
- Heat oil. add chopped ginger , garlic and fry . Once the garlic turns light brown add diced onions, dry chillies and fry
- Add diced capsicum, little salt and saute for 2 mins.
- Now add red chilli powder and fry for a second
- Drop in the marinated prawns and toss well. Add the prepared Kung pao sauce and give a good mix.
- Cook for 5 mins or until the prawns are done. Add water to adjust the consistency .
- Turn off the flame and garnish with sesame seeds, peanuts and chopped spring onion greens.