15 fresh button mushrooms
3 tsp oil + oil for deep frying
2 finely chopped onions
1 slit green chilli
1 sprig of curry leaves
6 finely chopped garlic cloves
1/2 inch ginger finely chopped
2 tsp crushed pepper
2 tsp soya sauce
1 tsp vinegar
2 tblsp curds
Salt to taste
Chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
FOR THE MARINATION:
4 tblsp corn flour
3 tblsp rice flour
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1/2 tsp soya sauce
1 tsp salt
Mix the above ingredients and make a thick paste
- Wash the mushrooms 2-3 times. Put them on a kitchen towel and press lightly to make them dry.
- Cut them into halves . If it is big then cut into four pieces
- Marinate the mushrooms with the prepared paste. Keep aside for 5 mins
- Afer five mins, heat oil and deep fry mushrooms in batches, on a medium flame till they turn crisp and brown
- Heat oil, add chopped garlic and fry till they turn light brown. Add chopped ginger, green chilli and curry leaves, saute for a second.
- Now drop in chopped onions and saute until they turn transparent.
- Add cushed pepper, soya sauce, vinegar and curds
- Give a nice mix, add salt and mix well
- Now it is the time to add fried mushrooms , add in mushrooms and toss well
- Check for salt and cook further for 5 mins
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and turn off the flame.
- Serve hot with noodles,fried rice or ghee rice.