Akki hittina Happala / Rice flour papad (instant)
1 cup rice flour
2 cups water
1 tsp salt / as per taste
3-4 crushed green chillies / red chilli flakes
2 tsp cumin seeds/ jeera
2 tsp oil to grease the mould
- Put rice flour in a broad bowl and add water. Mix well , so that no lumps are formed,
- Add salt,jeera,chillies and mix again. Keep aside for 10 mins
- Heat the idli staeamer and grease the container in which you are going to staem it.
- You can use any lid or deep plate or thatte idli mould.
- You can steam it in a dosa pan too, which is deep in the middle.
- Please check the video for the consistency of the batter.
- Put a laddle full of batter in the mould and steam it for 2 mins or till the colour of papad changes
- Remove it from the steamer and put the other one to steam.
- Remove the papad from the plate carefully and place it on a big tray or on a cloth and sun dry it .
- You can also dry it inside under the fan if you don't have the place to sundry it.
- Within a day or two it dries. Deep fry the happala / papad and enjoy with hot coffee or tea.