Chana Palak Lollipop
1/2 cup soaked Kabuli chana / Chickpeas
10 palak / Spinach leaves finely chopped
2 tblsp besan / gram flour
1 small boiled potato
2 tblsp bread crumbs or two bread slices
2 tblsp chopped coriander leaves
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
2-3finely chopped green chillies
1 tsp jeera cumin powder
1/2 tsp chaat masala
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
Bread crumbs for rolling
- Drain all the water from soaked chana and grind it the mixer . Keep it slightly coarse , like fine rava consistency. Do not add water while grinding.
- Transfer it in a bowl, add all the other ingredients, mix everything well and refrigerate the mixture for 30 mins.
- In case the mixture looks pasty or loose add some more besan or corn flour to the mixture.
- Devide the mixture into portions, make equal size balls of the mixture and insert the ice- cream stick in each ball and press well
- Roll each lollipop in bread crumbs . Coat it evenly with the breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the lollipop on a medium flame till it turns crisp and brown in colour
- Place them on a kitchen towel.Serve hot lollipops with ketchup or green chutney
- Here I had served it with curd dip. To make curd dip add some green chutney with curd, mix well and serve.