Mixed Vegetable Soup
3 tsp oil
5 finely chopped garlic cloves
1/2 inch finely chopped ginger
1/4 cup finely chopped carrots
1/4 cup finely chopped beans
1/4 cup finely chopped cabbage
1/4 cup finely chopped yellow pumpkin
1/4 cup sweet corn kernels
3 cups of water
1/2 tsp vinegar
1/2 tsp soya sauce
1 tsp crushed pepper
Salt to taste
1 tbsp cornflour diluted in 1/4 cup water
- Heat oil in a pan, add chopped ginger, garlic and saute till they turn light brown.
- Add all the veggies, fry them on a high flame for 2-3 minutes to bring out a nice aroma
- Add salt to taste, water, or vegetable stock. (I used water)
- Add in vinegar, soya sauce.
- Cover and cook until veggies turn tender
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl stir in cornflour with water. Make sure it is lump-free.
- Once the veggies turn slightly tender, pour in the cornflour slurry to the boiling vegetable soup.
- Stir continuously and cook until it turns thick. Garnish with crushed pepper.
- Turn off the flame. Serve hot.